20 Random Facts About Me
Over the last week the blog and instagram have gained a ton of new followers. While I've been nursing, cleaning up throw up and catching cat naps whenever I can I've also been trying to write-up great new content for you all. While I work on my new blogging schedule and content I'll leave you with a few fun posts to help you get to know me a little bit more. Here are 20 completely random facts about me. Don't judge me and be nice :)
1. My favourite part of the chicken is the skin. This is what inspired this post. I made some chicken and thought to myself, this skin is so succulent and crispy and everyone needs to know this.
2. I L-O-V-E, love my wine. Budget wine or an expensive vintage, doesn't matter. Wine snobs annoy me. I often ponder..."It's not that deep." also a lot of wine snobs...aren't realllly wine snobs. You know? Like unless you have a cellar in your house or live on a vineyard please don't judge my $12 Malbec or if I still don't know how to enunciate Auxerrois quite yet.
3. I haven't had a manicure in months, I'm telling myself (and anyone who will listen) that it's because I'm working hard at saving more. But really I've just been lazy and I can't seem to paint my own nails (successfully) to save my life.
4. On average I eat a lot more than my hubby does (or thinks I do) and I wish I was more ashamed. But I'm not.
5. My idea of a perfect life is waking up in a home by the beach with fresh fruit and food, while our babies play in the sand barefoot and butt naked. We would probably run a small business in our tiny town (probably a café or a restaurant or something of similar nature) and will want for nothing but endless mimosas, laughter and a backyard where we could entertain any day of the week. I'd have a shed with a built in wine cellar, so that I can try all the DIY's that I've saved on Pinterest without harming myself or anyone else. Days would be spent picking fruit or cutting coconuts, roasting plantains, making a curry, not worrying about where the kids are or if they are safe. They would climb trees and run around all day. They would be home-schooled and multilingual and would live a pretty carefree life. We could have Sunday School, birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries, blessings all in our backyard and our whole neighborhood community would be a sweet little family. Sidenote: I'm not a huge fan of mimosas. They're good, I drink them. Just pretty boring. But they worked for the imagery.
6. I spend my days thinking about making enough money to be able to do the above. And then I think about how paradoxical that all is. But whatevs.
7. I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up. I've finally come to a place where I'm learning to make peace with that.
8. I am an extroverted introvert (I read that once on one of those online personality tests). I have no problem being the life of the party or starting up a conversation with a random stranger. But I love my home and my family and when it's just us. I'd rather sit around at home all day than go out to a party any day. I'm an open book but I've learned, from Big A, that finding out how "I really feel" about any given topic is the real challenge. I'd like to get to a place where I can truly mean what I say and say what I mean...without having to get to a "tipping point" before I spill out everything I'm feeling.
9. I am extremely self conscious. I'm working on it.
10. My prayer for my child(ren) is that no matter what they find themselves doing in the future, that they will be confident, strong and resilient people. Like any parent I want them to be successful and to be able to fend for themselves. But more than that, I want them to be happy. I would hate for them to sacrifice their joy for the world.
11. I'm thinking about getting some highlights. Colors include, but are not limited to, grey, blue and red. Quarter life crisis maybe?
12. My guilty pleasure: Chic-fil-a fries (with chic-fil-a sauce obviously) and a cookies and cream milkshake, though the peach milkshake is a strong contender. That was by far my biggest prego craving.
13. I love God and His love for me is without a doubt, what has kept me going in life.
14. I majored in Economics in college, I still feel like that was the worst decision I made. Don't get me wrong, I want my kids to be academically successful/gifted. But I feel that if I had majored in something that I knew I had a genuine interest in as opposed to something that I thought would make me the most money, it would have cut a lot of the "I dunno what I'm gonna do with my liiiiiife" drama.
15. I make a conscious effort not to lose my Ghanaian accent. It's harder than it seems living here in America and speaking mostly to Americans. But it's worth it. I'm proud of where I was born and raised and funny enough my accent and my heritage has got to be the number one biggest conversation starter. "Ooh i love your accent, where's it from?!!" never gets old. I'm also part Chinese and I secretly love being able to pick out the best stuff on the menu when we have chinese.
16. My favorite ice-cream flavor is vanilla. I don't think it's boring. I think it's pretty damn good and rich and simple and it goes with everything. And for a person who finds herself too often tethering the line of indecision, I'm pretty happy that that is one thing that I know for sure.
17. I miss spending weeks soaking up a book. Maybe this summer.
18. Everyday I'm hustlin'. With Ava having special care needs, I don't think I will be comfortable leaving her for long periods of time with anyone. So everything I do, this blog, instagram (and some other secret ventures that I'm working on) is my contribution to our home. It used to make me feel inadequate when I wasn't able to contribute ( I was raised to be pretty independent and have always been) but I'm thankful for a hubby who doesn't hold anything against me and always supports me.
19. We've been married for a year and it's been amazing. We haven't had our wedding yet and honestly I'm not ashamed to say that I am in fact one of those girls who's been "dreaming about her wedding since she was born" (we get a bad rep and that's dumb. You can be smart, driven, independent AND still be a romantic girly girly girl...don't let them stop you boo)
20. If I know the lyrics to a song (or if I don't) I sing every.single.word.out. Big A always says to let the person who made the song sing it. But I'm convinced that he's just hating on my Beyonce-esque vocals.
I'd love to know random facts about you, if you read my blog or follow us on social media. It's got to be the funniest and most intriguing thing to read what people find random about themselves. So comment below and let me know. xo.