Salmon Cake Dinner
I whipped this one up pretty quickly which has become an essential part of my life these days. I love cooking, but can't afford to spend hours doing it everyday. These salmon cakes were deeliciouuus, if I may say so myself. Here's the quick recipe, you can adjust it for taste and preferences.
Salmon Cakes (makes about 7-8 cakes)
4 fillets pink salmon (skinless and boneless)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs (Italian style)
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons EVOO
1/2 jalapeno diced
Chives (I used dried chives which were rehydrated during the cooking process)
1/4 onion chopped
Paprika (a pinch)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1/4 tsp Fennel seeds (whole)
1. Get your whole diced onion sauteeing in a fry pan for about 15 minutes on medium heat. You will use 1/4 of this for your cakes.
2. Shred your salmon by pulling the flesh apart with your fingers or a fork. It doesn't have to be thin, I would compare my shredded salmon to a chunk tuna consistency.
3. Add bread crumbs, jalapeno, eggs and spices/condiments and mix it all together.
4. Form your salmon cakes and fry in 2 tsp EVOO on medium heat till golden brown on both sides (about 5 min on each side)
Quinoa - Bulgar Stir Fry
I used a bulgar-quinoa 10 min mix I found at Aldi's. I love these. You can use plain quinoa or any other whole grain that you'd prefer.
1/4 cup Quinoa/ Grain Mix (of your choice)
3/4 cup Water
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1/4 Cabbage (diced)
3 cloves garlic diced
Salt (to taste)
Pepper to taste
1. Add 3/4 onions that have been already sauteed to a golden brown colorto a deep pan with EVOO, add garlic and add diced cabbage and saute for about 5 minutes. Add salt
2. Stir grain mix in for a quick toast (5-7 minutes on medium heat)-- add salt ad pepper to taste
3. Add water and let your grains soften (10-16 mins depending on how soft you want your grains)
4. Finally add your bell peppers and let steam for 3 minutes till they are cooked but still crunchy
Lime & Tomato Dressing
2 Tomatoes (diced)
4 tbsp mayo
4 tsbp EVOO
1/2 Lime (juice)
1 tsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
Mix it all in to for a light but yummy sauce.
I will work at getting my recipes documented more precisely as I'm recollecting now what the exact measurements are. If you try this, let me know how it went. It was my first time making salmon cakes and I lovvvvved them. Enjoy and bon apetite!